The vapour blasting or aqua blasting process cleans by a flow, rather than the more traditional, impact method. This method produces a ‘softer’ finish, whereby water acts as a lubricating agent, avoiding media impregnation damage and preserving the integrity of the blast media.
The typical process is as follows:
- The water/media slurry is contained within a wet blasting cabinet ‘sump’.
- Delivery of the slurry to the manual blast nozzle is via a glandless polyurethane pump and its hoses located within the wet blasting machine.
- Compressed air is then added at the blast nozzle to accelerate this slurry which creates a powerful cleaning effect.
- After contact with the component, the slurry then drains back into the sump creating a re-circulating system.
- Fine broken down media and other contaminants are fed and removed, via an overflow system leading to a sedimentation filter.
Aqua-Blasting Services are experts in the field and offer a wide range of services, at highly competitive rates. Whatever your requirements, you should consult an expert before attempting to use any solvents or abrasives on any kind of metal component.
To discuss your requirements contact the High Wycombe workshops at :
Aqua-Blasting Cleaning Services, Binders Industrial Estate, Cryers Hill, High Wycombe, HP15 6LJ
Call Aqua-Blasting Services on 01494 958351
Rapid response line: 07785 522873
or Email using the form below